Table of contents
01. Editor’s note
02. The Florentine painters of the renaissance, by Bernhard Berenson
03. Art and socialism, by Roger Fry
04. Mailings from the margins: Paulo Bruscky, Leonhard Frank Duch and Edgardo Antonio Vigo’s mail art practice, by Vanessa K. Davidson
05. The exhibition of Bancroft’s collection of pre-Raphaelite art, by Magali Martin
06. Instructiones fabricate et supellectilis ecclesiasticae (selection), by Charles Borromeo, translated into English by Dr. Evelyn Carol Voelker
07. Next issue: Venetian art and criticism
CFP: Venetian art and criticism
Submission deadline 15 July 2011
This is an open call for papers for the third Art history supplement (AHS). The proposed theme, but not limited to, is “Venetian art and
criticism.” Submission deadline 15 July 2011.
AHS publishes material, dealing with all time periods and/or methodologies, media (incl. cinema, photography, music), techniques, debates within the field of art history.
Contributions to AHS from any other science or discipline (humanitarian or not) corresponding to visual culture or representations of it are more than welcome.